General Job Description:
The Electrical Design Engineer will create a complete build package of electrical drawings for industrial machinery that include system layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, and part lists.
- Assist in cost estimation for electrical machinery.
- Develop electrical control design concepts based on existing electrical designs and customer specifications.
- Interact with customers throughout the design and build process.
- Create electrical build packages that include system layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, and part lists.
- Support project from inception through completion of machine acceptance.
- In house service support of installed customer equipment.
- Occasional field service and installation.
- Support of Voss facility and production equipment.
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Understanding of Power Distribution, PLCs, and industrial control panels.
- Microsoft office and strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge of industrial machine controls.
- A.A.S. in Electrical Technology minimum and BS Electrical Engineering a plus.
- 2+ years of Industrial electrical design work experience is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organization skills.
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Capable of working independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong communication skills with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.