Voss Manufacturing, Inc.
-Wheatfield, NY 14132
Voss Manufacturing is a diversified manufacturer of tooling, equipment, machined components and fabrications. We are looking to fill positions on all shifts in our machining department. Future advancement into tooling or other positions always an opportunity. Great work environment and excellent benefits.
• Set up and operate CNC Vertical Machining Centers in a safe, appropriate and efficient manner.
• Load and set tools and work holding devices.
• Ability to write programs at the controller or off line.
• Load and send programs between machine and computer.
• Recognize, understand and properly adjust dull or chipped tooling.
• Able to adjust work offsets, tool wear lengths and cutter comp.
• Modify tools and work holding.
• Reads and understands blueprints, job travelers, work instructions, program and tooling sheets, tooling specifications, quality documents and familiar with GD&T.
• Use of inspection hand tools.
• Must be able to run more than one machine when cycle time permits.
• Work with high mix, high tolerance and low volume parts.
• 1-year related experience a must 5+ years preferable.
• Surface grinding experience a plus.
• High school diploma or equivalency minimum and related college program a plus.
• Familiarity with Mastercam and SolidWorks a plus.
• Experience with 4th and 5th axis machining a plus.
• Need good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Good mechanical ability with good shop math skills.
• Good understanding of tooling, materials and processes such as heat treating.